Thursday 5 March 2009

Fairies And Willow Sketchies xxx

I can't believe how quickly the last 2 weeks have gone!!!!
Tis my age no doubt!!!

But it is time for another Willow Sketchie Challenge, and this week our sketch has been designed by the fabulous Katy. Now being WSC, there has to be a twist, cos that's what we do xx

And this week, out twist is that we want to see dotties and stripes on your card.

So this is my card.

We have all used the new Willow download called A Walk In The Park - you can see it here. I have to say that it is one of my fave downloads cos there are loads of fab things on it and it comes ready coloured or in black and white and just waiting to meet up with the PMs - or whatever colouring doodahs float yer boat.

But the PMs float mine, as you know lol xxx

I used some Willow and PP papers and did a bit of paper piecing ....

... here on the trees

and I also gave lil cutie fairy girlie a nice spotty pink dress.

The other girls have really come up trumps I think, and their cards are really fab - pop over and have a lookie lol xxxx

So I have super dooper fantastic news, good-ish news and a little bit bad news. In reverse order ....

The bad-ish news?

I was intending to return on Tuesday night, but Emma had a bump in her car - no injuries, thankfully (she was shaken but not stirred !!). Someone pulled out of a side road onto a main road in front of her. The other lady was very upset but the main thing is that only the cars were hurt, and even then, only a little bit. But it gives you a bit of a fright when it happens.

The good-ish news?
I survived the dentist.
I was a quivering shambling wreck but nevertheless I went. My dentist is just the gentlest, she really is, so she did the de-coking for me and then gave me some mouthwash to bring home - a different one from the one I usually use. I tell you, it has a real numbing effect so next time I go to see driller killer aka as the hygienist, I am so going to use it. I wont feel a thing - it's marvellous!!

And the super dooper fantastic news???

Ahhhhh well, I will be back later to share, but in the meantime, I'll give you a clue. It has something to do with wild roses ........

See ya later chicksies xxxxx

17 comments:

Riet said...

woww Dawny,what a beautiful card,l love the image.

hugs Riet.x

Unknown said...

what a gorgeous card...attention to detail fabulous...its is very unsettling and scary having a prang!! pleased to hear only the cars were damaged they can be mended..my daughter had someone crash into the back of her before christmas..she was ok a bit of whiplash but she was more upset over the damage to her car....hugs sassyx

scotspanda said...

fantastic card hun and I am glad to hear you survived the dentist! Thank goodness no one was hurt in the accident, big sigh of relief from you I bet :o)

lotsalove

Amanda xxx

sharon said...

I agree..it does shake you when you had an accident in the car,at least everyone is ok..phew.
Your comment...can craft..won't craft made me chuckle this morn...she obviously has an eye for it without even realising how lucky she is ;)

And to your masterpiece...LOVE it..would NEVER thought to paper piece it cause my love affair is STRONG with PM's..I need to break away to make way for new love interests...I know...one step at a time (sigh)

And I know your good news and I am not surprised hun..you know me loves your style..((HUG))

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dawn said...

Another gorgeous card!
Oooh and I am intrigued now about your news!!! Left hanging in suspenders!!! LOL

Dawn
xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Love all your details, and how soft and pretty your card is.

Mrs Wonka said...

This is yummy Dawny, so sorry to hear about your daughters prang, I'm pleased she is okay! I'm also pleased that you survived the dentist!

Mrs Wonka x

helen said...

ahhhh i need some of that mouthwash i have an appointment next week with the hygeine terrorist, glad your daughter is ok, fantastic card hunny i love the pms too, i want, make that need!!! some more, tho they are a bit lacking in the pink department
huggs
helen x

Jo said...

Gorgeous card Dawny and love the paper piecing. Can't wait to hear your good news!

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Sorry to hear about the accident - very unsettling....glad everyone ok.

Gorgeous card - love the soft colours and the black contrast - fab paper piecing..superb...

....and I know your news too...only cos I love the products so pop over to the blog for a nosey...fab news xx

Sharon Caudle said...

Awesome card Dawny!! Love the paper pieced trees and all your fabulous polka dots! and your fairy is just adorable!! Glad to hear you survived the dreaded dentist!! Hope you're having a wonderful week. HUGS!

Sue said...

Brill card Dawny, luv the paper piercing, glad to hear only the car was damaged. good to hear you survived the dentist!! sue.x

Leann said...

yay for dentist survival!!!! Mine has to knock me out just for a polish...
Glad Emma's OK, lots of Piggy hugs are in order methinks.
Card is YUM!!! Must go over for a peek cos she's such a cutie tootie!
Hugs x x x x

Oh & I KNOW YOUR SECRET!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Fabby card glad you survived the dentist hugs han xx

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Gorgeous take on the challenge, I loves the paper piecing, my fav thing to do. Glad your Emma is ok, what a shock! Also glad dentist wasn't too painful. I would rather have another baby, lol! Would love to take you up on your offer hun, thanks so much. My email address is : thegreenies@tinyworld.co.uk. Thanks alot, really do appreciate it, hugs Heidi xxxx

Caryn said...

Oooh aren't you being all cryptic with your hint. I'm all smug coz you told me about it and it's WORTH WAITING UP FOR!!! Sorry, didn't mean to shout! lol.

This is a great card Dawn, the mix of spots and stripes is gorge!

Glad the dentist wasn't as bad as you thought it would be. I'm a wee bit of a freak when it comes to the hygienist - I like the pain coz I like the clean feeling you get after! That's wierd right??

Off to make a card.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Jill said...

beautiful card Dawn and I'm so pleased to hear Emma was not hurt hugs Jill xx