Thursday 25 June 2009

Willow Sketchie & Spooky Pic xxx

And in that order lol xx

So, first things first -

This little poppet is Grace.

She is the star of this week's Willow Sketchie Challenge. You can see more of her here - she's sooo sweet!!!

So it was my turn to do the sketch this week and here it is -


The girlies have done some fabulous work with it so nip over and have a butchers :). And we have some new DT girls as well, so a big welcome to them xxxx

Hope you can join us as well - you can use any Willow products that you have :))xx

And this is my take on the sketch.

I did kind of like working with this one - sometimes they do just grab me, and this is one I will use again I'm sure. I coloured Grace with PMs but I also paper pieced her dress with some fabulous PP Little Fleurs stripey paper - I LOVE this collection.


The ribbon was from the US and the flowers, well they were part of my wonderful prize from Simon Says Stamp - they're gorgeous. And that beautiful jewel brad was from the very wonderful Poppicrafts. The double stranded charm was one of my creations - I added the second strand cos I wanted to use the butterfly to match the image.

The other paper I used is also PP and this is from the new Elegant Swirls collection. It's so pretty I think. And yes, that is a MSBP!! Oh yes, I have one again, so happy days lol xx There is more re the doily punch saga, but I am saving it for a later date :)

Et voila. Hope you likee xx

Now for the spooky pic.
On Tueday, the weather had been a bit weird here all day. About 9.30pm Richard was checking everywhere was locked etc and he shouted me to come out.

This is what we saw over the fields

Maybe I've been reading too much Stephen King, but it was really eerie.

You probably cannot see that well from this picture but the fog and mist was rising up really high off the fields. This was taken from upstairs but from ground level, it was quite a sight (and as I had my pjs on, so was I lol xx)

We live in a bit of a dip so it does get misty at times but I've never seen it like this.

Within half an hour of this picture being taken, you could not see the front of our garden. And then it just cleared - it was like it just vanished. It was verry strange.

Well have a fab day and I hope the weather is being nice to you. It was glorious here yesterday but it isn't quite as hot today. Thank God, cos it makes me wilt a bit.

And then I have to drink Pimms or G&T in order to revive lol xxx I think it's the mint in the Pimms and the lemon in the G&T that does it lol xxx It is such a ruddy hardship, I can tell you!!

Hugs xxxx

16 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh so delightful, I love your ribbon.

Zoe said...

Oh Dawny i LOVE it!! That really was a fab fab fab sketch!! Its soo amazing how different everyones cards are. I love the new pp papers too, i havent yet got them but i think looking at your gorgeous card i may well have to trot off after them now!!
Bootiful hun!
Zoe x x

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

This is such a lovely card Dawny, i particularly love the ribbon. I really enjoyed using the sketch so thank you loads xx

Joey said...

Hi Dawny,

love love your card :O) gorgeous colours.

oooooh I love your spooky piccy, I wouldnt like to have been stood in it tho lol.

Joey.x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Dawny,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers and details.

Hugs Riet.x

Karin said...

Gorgeous card Dawny.
Great colours, lay-out and embellishments.
And that iamge is so cute!!!

xoxo Karin

Kath Stewart said...

super cute card..love the cute image and the gorgeous papers....and those beautiful charms.....wow it's been toasty here again today but know what you mean...I live in a hollow too and it can be misty....but that pic is real weird....spooky....Big Hugs Kath xxxxxx

Rach said...

gorgeous sketch and fabulous card Dawny, that photo is awesome, very eerie but so cool.. hugs rachxx

Tab said...

Gorgeous card hun, love the image and the colours are divine, love it! Love the layout too.

Oooh fab photo, really eerie!
Hugs Tab xxx

Suzanne said...

Lovely. And, the photo is fantastic. You should make it into a postcard or something. I love things like this.
Hugs
Suzanne x

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, love the charm. Fantastic photo, thanks for sharing. Anesha

Jacee said...

Gorgeous, fabulous, fantastic, love it, what else can I say! you've excelled yourself here Dawny!!

Jacilynn said...

cute card. I love the colors.

I'm gonna take your work for it that the fog was creepy. It kinda looks cool from the pic. beautiful view.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Gorgeous card . Love the image you've used and the beautiful colouring also. Have a fantastic weekend dear friend...and thanks for visiting my blog and for all your kind comments Hugs Claudix

Mrs Mayne said...

Fab card Dawny! Where do you get your little butterflies from?! They are lovely!
The pic does look eeeerie - I wouldn't have walked Triggs out there lol!! x

Jill said...

ohh Dawny another gorgeous card hun, I love the ribbon and your sketch is fabby, it's been a bit like your picture here today very misty and foggy so strange in the middle of summer! hugs Jill xx