Thursday 6 August 2009

I Got Funky xxxx

And not an image in sight lol xx

I just had to join in the new challenge over at Get Funky cos 2 of my best blog buds (Kath and Enfys) are on the DT, and I wanted to show my support.

Plus Anice's papers are rather fabulous!!!

And I think it does you good every now and again NOT to rely on an image as the focus of your work. It makes you think more about the card and I really enjoyed making this one.


So this is my take on Anice's sketch.

I have to admit that when I decided to do the challenge, I had one of those little 'bit of panic' moments. But this sketch is a dream to work with and the DT cards are so inspirational - every one is gorgeous.

So I soon got busy with the papers and this is the result. Not something you'll hear me say often, but ....... I like it :)

AND the only red on here is what is supposed to be on here cos I checked every inch for errant bits of backing tape and I even made sure the charms were straight!!!

Is this the end of slap-dash Dawny?

Haaaaa, what do you think? I'll give it a week lol xxxx

All the papers I used are Funky Hand (naturellement), and they are all from the Salt And Pepper collection.

The blingy bits are Kars and I got them from Creative Pastimes.

Seeing as I am still in jewellery making mode from Tuesday's class, I made a little charm to hang from the ribbon. I've had the ribbon so long that I cannot for the life of me remember where I got it from :(

And yes, it has made an appearance!! God bless Martha Stewart and all who sail in her!!

I nicked the idea of using chipboard letters from my lovely Kath who is indeed the Queen of chipboard letters. Hers are neat - mine are not. But I still have 'L' plates on where they are concerned!!

I like the smudgy black bits round the edges. I felt that I had to say that incase anyone thought I'd just made another one of my grand messes. A bit like when you trip over and then start to run so people don't think you really tripped over!!! Well it isn't one of them, honestly. You know I'd tell you if it was :)


You can see the dimension here - I don't like flat (you probably noticed!!)

It's a bit different from what I usually do, but thanks for a great challenge girls - I will definately be joining in with this one every month.

I'm off to do a bit of work so that I can see my desk again, then it's off to the post office for me - lots of post to go out today, and some of it is long overdue!!
Have a fab day and hugs to all xxxx

30 comments:

Anice said...

Dawny your card is amazingly fab! Thank you so much for joining in with our first challenge on Get Funky ! and you totally rocked the sketch!
Anice xx (Funky Hand)

Karen said...

Stunning card Dawn. Love the colour combo. Might give that challenge a try.

Fab blog too.

Love Karen x

Susan said...

Great card!
Love the polka dots
SuzyX

Louise said...

Love your card Dawn, the colours are stunning :)
Louise x

Cindy Haffner said...

Cool, lovin all those dots.

Sharon Caudle said...

Wow, this is really different for you, but it turned out beautiful! Love the red, white and black, and anything with polkadots is wonderful in my book! LOL! Fantastic take on the sketch Dawny!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Dawny,i love the papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Carol said...

Wow!!! Fabulousness in it's entirety, and a bit sexy if i may be so bold!
Seriously...this is a stunner, you've definitely knocked me into a cocked hat!!
Thanks for helping to spread the word about Get Funky, looking forward to 'seeing you every month :)

Hugs
Carol x

Carol Ann said...

Great card it all works together so well x

Sue said...

Wow, this is fabulous Dawn. Love the black and white with a hint of red. Perfect for the challenge. Think I am going to have a go at this one too as I seem to be relying on cutie images far too much.
Sue xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a great card. You are right that it is good sometimes not to use an image. Love the colour combo. Marianne x

amanda stokes said...

It's absolutely gorgeous Dawny!love the colour's and all the embellies
hugs amanda xx

Kath Stewart said...

wow Dawny you have really rocked this sketch and I love it...love black and white and your touch of red just makes it zing and your chippies are fabulous....loving the little bead charm...and marks out of 10....20....big hugs kath xxxxx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Fantastic card hun!

love the colour combo too...


Emma xxx

Vicky said...

Loving your card Dawny, the salt and pepper papers are one of my faves, and the red sets them off perfectly, it's stunning. Thanks for joining in :)xx

cheryl said...

this is truly amazing adore it to bits the papers you have used are just great one heck of a card love cheryl xxxxx

SallyB said...

OHHH...GORGEOUSLY CHIC!!! I love everything about it! Just perfect!

Janet said...

Wow! Just fabulous Chuck! Love this!X

debby4000 said...

Oh WOw this is stunning, wonderful work.
luv
Debby

Tip Top said...

Hehehehe! I like it! Great choice of colours too and fab charm! Thanks for entering the Get Funky! Challenge – hope you can join us again next month! Get Funky!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Dawny, what a stunning card. I love the colour combo and the papers are lush. The charm and ribbon are gorgeous. Hugs, Denise x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

There is a little something for you on my blog!

Emma xxx

Kim Dellow said...

Oh that is just a fabulous card! love the letters and the LO just great. Kim

Allison said...

how fab is that! love those papers too and the splash of red works wonders
Thanks for joining us at the FH challenge and good luck
AllisonX

Jill said...

wow Dawny I love this card, the papers are yummy and I love your colour combo, love the handcrafted charm gorgeous! hugs Jill xx

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Oh my! This is GORGeous!! Lovely take on the sketch, and fab design, colours and construction.

Hugs,
Chris xx

Enfys said...

Wow Dawny, this is just fabulous girl, you really nailed this challenge, and your take on the sketch is stunning. Luv your little beady things.
lots of hugs
en xx

Dawn said...

Woweee it's a stunner - I love the no image look and use it loads!! Maybe it's cos I'm a lazy mare sometimes when it comes to colouring images!!! Tee Hee!!
It's fantastic how you have put it all together so eye catching

ROFL at the trip/run thing - soo funny... I know that trick so well - like it's even a trick as if no one can spot what just happened..

hugs

Dawn
xx

Handmade by Milly Moo said...

Hi Dawn
This is lovelly. I have noticed the charms you have made on several of your cards. Do you by any chance sell them coz if you do I would love to have some of them. Love Terri
p.s. your work is amazing - I have a little look every day before I go to work and I am never disappointed with anything I see. Some truely talented work if I may say so!!

Risa said...

Your card is stunning Dawny! The DP is beautiful and the contrast is awesome! I also love your charm...awesome job!
hugs
Risa:)