Tuesday 22 September 2009

Papertake Picfest and Festive Pics :)x

Imagine some nice Christmas music playing in the backgound as you read this - yes we are all seasonal here at chez piggy wiggy.


It's Tuesday, so that means it's time for another Papertake Weekly challenge, and this week it's a sketch.

It's this one here .......


I got to play with the new Wild Rose Studio Christmas CD and I thought I'd use it for this weeks Papertake Weekly cos it is just uber FABBYTASTIC!!!!! You can see here for more info, and all papers, images and sentiments in this post are from the CD :)

There's loads and loads on there and all have co-ordinating papers so you can be sure it all matches. Plus there's papers and images which you can colour yourself, and Dulcie has even included a decoupage sheet for all the images. There's coloured and uncoloured in various sizes - you will absolutely be spoiled for choice.

I was, so I ended up doing 2 cards.

And I was obviously in the festive spirit and feeling kind cos I gave the good old bad boys the night off as well, cos eveything I used was all pre-coloured.
Honestly, it could not be easier to make your cards.


So this is the first card I did. How sweet is that mouse!!!!

And do you like the snow?

I used white Flowersoft which was part of my prize from Simon Says Stamp - it really does look like crispy white snow. I didn't give the Glamour Dust a rest though so there's a bit of that sprinked about as well.

I was inspired to dig out my Cuttlebug snowflake cos Mrs Kath used one for her PTW card this week - see here cos it's brill. And that got a dousing in Flowersoft as well.

You should see the cat lol xx

You can see the gorgeous paper a bit better here - too cute for words.

So that's the first card.


Lilac, a sweet girlie with prezzies and some more Flowersoft ....

... and here's the second card.

The ribbon was from the Paper Mill Shop

Ooops I've over- done the lighting a bit here - dope!!!
But I hope you likee.

If you get a sec, check out PTW cos there's some cracking work on there, as always, and next week we have some wonderful news which I'm dying the share but I can't until then - oooohhhh!!!!!

I'm off to do the 'nursey' bit cos poor Richard fell off a ladder today whilst picking apples from off of our trees. He hurt his arm and his stomach and there's a big red mark on his head as well, poor lad.

He will of course milk it for all it's worth so although I feel sorry for him now, no doubt by the end of the week, I will be wanting to put the ladder somewhere the sun does not shine lol xxx

Have the fabbiest of nights and hugs to all xxxx


19 comments:

Maria Therese said...

cute cards!

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Hi Dawny!

Well a couple of fabulous cards hun, they are so clever what a fab cd!
....and poor Richard bet he'll be giving apple pie a miss for a few days lol!

Hugs Emma xxx

cheryl said...

om my these are so gorgoues so love how you use that flower soft its so effective love the soft colur tones too love cheryl xxxx

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous gorgeous cards and I love the flower soft on the snowflake...gotta get some and poor Rich...hope he's OK...give him a cuddle from me...big hugs kath xxxxx

Berni said...

Fabulous cards as always - but I really love that cute mouse!
Berni

debby4000 said...

Oh what wonderful cute cards and fabulous sketch.
Hope Richard gets better soon.
luv
Debby

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh your cards are always so soft and sweet.

Julie said...

These are both fab Dawny, I especially love the first one, lovely work.

Loopylou. said...

gorgeous cards dawny that little mouse is a cutie and i need me some of that flower soft it looks so pretty xxxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Gorgeous. Love that mouse and the lovely soft colours. Marianne x

Mrs Mayne said...

Aww these are soooo pretty Dawny! Love them! :) x

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Hi Dawny - hope you are well.

Love these cards ...super designs and your creations are very stunning indeedy....

Poor Richard....and poor you as a result...lol

Now, tell me where I can get that snowflake die as I'm sure I looked for it last year too! xx

Do What You Love said...

What beautiful colors on both cards. I love the techniques you used and having papers that match the stamps is MY kind of world. Thank you for the warmth on my blog. I had come across your blog a few weeks back when I was blog hopping and lost the place and kept getting the name wrong. I'm so glad you left a note because I can keep up with your blog for inspiration!! :p

Sharon Caudle said...

OH OH OH!!!! this is the first I've gotten over here since you posted and I LOVE these!!!! Fabulous images and cards, Dawny! The flower soft looks awesome! Glad Richard is ok! big hugs!!

Mary J said...

Hello Dawny - I love these cards! so beautiful and fresh! You're so fab with colours, thx for sharing!

Enfys said...

Hiya Dawny, sorry I haven't been over for a while, been busy being poorly and travelling! Gorgeous cards, love what you did with the flower soft.
Sending big hugs
En xx

Nicola said...

Wow these are gorgeous and I do love your use of flowersoft ... especially on that glorious snowflake.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Pink Blossom Creations said...

Oh my how cute are these cards Dawny I just love them..
Caroline xx

Larissa said...

Both your cards are so gorgeous! Very lovely subtle colours and both images are so very sweet!

Hugs,
Larissa