Friday 10 September 2010

Hello Sailor!!!!

image

Heeeeyy peeps – happy Friday :)xx

It’s a bit of a quickie post again today as there is so much work on my desk that I can barely see the wood!!!

But we always have  time for a fabulous Just Magnolia challenge and this week, we have a sketch …. 

a fab prize ……

7-kids-college-fund

$20 to spend, woohooo,

and some awesome DT cards so if you get a sec, do nip and check them all out :)

I coloured sailor Eddie with the old Copics but then went and lost the list!!!!  But you can get a veritable array of Copics from Tracy at Dies To Die For :)

Picture 005 copy

I went with a nautical theme here cos I was determined to use this stamp even though I am not totally enamoured with it. But it hasn't turned out too bad and I do love these colours together.

flag

This is a fab way to use up any little scraps of paper you might have laying about and all the papers I’ve used today are from Pink Petticoat.  I used Stripes, Gingham, and Fairy Dots in navy and crimson.

shoes

Doesn’t he cut a dash in his patent leather shoes (courtesy of Glossy Accents)!!!

Picture 009 copy copy

And of course the lovely little self adhesive pearls are from Wild Orchid Crafts and they are available in all sorts of colours. 

Picture 008 copy

So there we have it.

I really like this card so I’m wondering if the errant Mr Mojo has come home again? Mmm, we’ll see – it’s too soon to say I reckon but I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

Have a fab day and a great weekend and see you all soon if not sooner.

Huggiest of hugs to all xxx

13 comments:

Kathy said...

Adorable card Dawny!!! I love these colors together and think they are so cute with him! I liked this image from the kit but am lost as to how to use it!! LOL
Thanks for another gorgeous sketch!
Have a lovely week-end :)Kathy

cardmaking bird said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! This care is STUNNING!!! It's great to see you do something outside your usual palette of colours and man, did you pull it off!!! Marie xx

Kelly Schelske said...

This is fabulous Dawny!!

Nicola said...

gorgeous card dawn, love the colour theme, it's one of my favourites...

nicola

Liz's creative corner said...

This is fab hun, love it, good useof colours and pattern, I think your mojo is back big style lol, I like these stamps but there hard to know what to use them for I think he he, hugs Liz xx

Berry said...

I absolutely love this card Dawny! When I saw it on the JM blog I thought it really stood out! Fab colours and great bunting just love it! Hugs Rebekah xx

Kerryn said...

I really love this card too!! love the bunting and the image!! so cute!

Marjo said...

Sweet adorable card Dawny, I love it! Wonderful inspiration.

Hugs, Marjo

Jane said...

such a fresh, fun card...brilliant XX

trixi b said...

Stunning card Dawny! I love the whole nautical theme you've got going on here. x Trix

Vicky said...

I have recently come across your blog and I love your work! The bunting idea is great and love the colours.

Vicky said...

I have recently come across your blog and I love your work! The bunting is great and I love the colours you've chosen.

Linda said...

Hi Dawny love your card design, the colours work really well together, love Linda