Tuesday 14 September 2010

Pretty As A Picture :)

 

image

 

Hi lovely peeps and hope that everyone is well xxx

We have something a bit different for our challenge over at Papertake Weekly today - we have a picture for inspiration and it’s this little fella here …

Picture 8[1]

So I went with the pink, blue and lilac colours plus the parasols and came up with …..

Picture 002 copy copy 

this bad boy here.

I coloured Tilda with me old Copics (which you can get from the loveliest Tracy at Dies To Die For) and discovered that they do not like the ink in my inkjet printer!!!

So the blending etc aint what it should be,  but we live and learn I guess!!

paper

These gorge and pretty papers are the Japan Papers paper stacks from Wild Rose Studio and if you get a sec, check out the website cos there’s all kinds of fabulousness on there, including projects and tips, plus loads of nice things to buy, including a verrry cute dragon :)

The die cut lace is Tilda Lace which I got from Crafts U Love.

bloom

Of course, all the lovely blooms are from Wild Orchid Crafts, as are the self adhesive pearls. I treated the 2 largest  blooms to a bit of Glimmer Mist (seeing as it’s nearly Christmas lol!!!)

Picture 004 copy

So that’s the old card and if you get a sec, nip over and see what the rest of the wonderful DT have done.

Before I go, yesterday was a bit of a momentous occasion for the Phillips clan and one little sweetie in particular because it was her first day at school. These are awful pics but I just had to share because basically I’m a soppy old Grandma and she is my one and only, bless her.

             k            Picture 016 copy

 

Awwww.

I was up super early to go round and see her before  she set off and I was very good and managed to not snivel until I was in the car on the way home. It’s the end of her babyhood and a new chapter in her little life. But she had a wonderful day and asked to go back there last night – a very good sign!!! I can actually remember my first day at school even though it was sooooooooooooooo long ago!! I had very shiny shoes (why that has stuck in my head I have no idea !!!), two very long plaits (just like my girl here) and the boy next door, who was a year older than me, came round and we walked to school together holding hands!!!

I never asked my Mum in later years if she had a little cry when I started school, but she probably did because it’s what Mums do. I wasn’t too bad when Nicola started school because Emma was only 6 months old so I had lots to keep me busy, even though I really filled up as she confidently walked in without so much as a backward glance at me. But when Emma started, I literally  sobbed all the way home and for most of the morning as well!! They were real snotty slobbery sobs as well which quite frankly  must have been so attractive to witness (I must have been such a treat for my kids the way I probably embarrassed them lol xx)

Mmmm, well on that note, I’m off to do some work.

Have the fabbiest of days and see you soon if not sooner and hugs to all xxx

11 comments:

The Little Stamper said...

Hi Dawny. Lovely card as always and I love that challenge idea of taking the colours from a picture.

First day of school - what can I say - my sons in year 4 now but I can still remember how tearful (and very edgy) I felt on his first day at school. I get the collywobbles just thinking about him going to big school and that's 3 years away yet!! There's no hope for us softies is ther? Lol!!

Sharon x

Diane said...

Lovely card, Dawny and a very clever interpretation of the challengepiccy! Clever you!
Diane x

Kath Stewart said...

can you believe the sweet little missy is off to school and hey us grandmas are allowed to have a tear or two....big hugs kath xxx

Leann said...

Gorgeous card Pigster!
Aaaaaaw, li'l Kyla! Bless her :) Hope she had a ball!
Biggest hugs Misses, must have a proper catch up soonest :)
Slobbery smooches from The FabLass x x x

craftymum said...

Hi Dawny
super card and what lovely photo's of your granddaughter.
I remember my 2 childrens' first days each.. I didn't cry. But, I might cry this Saturday as my baby, Daniel, Leaves home for Uni. I spent a little fortune on him yesterday and today, but still managed to slip a few crafty bits into my trolley!!!!
Love Sarah X

Sarah said...

Lovely card, those colours are so yummy together.

Bless, families are so important and you are special for going around to see your grandaughter. Glad she liked it. My daugher starts nursery for the first time tomorrow and she is a little apprehensive - but hopefully will be ok!. Sarah x

Unknown said...

Love the pictures of your gorgeous little grandchild! When I taught prep (first year of school in Queensland, Australia) I had Mums who had lots of tears and little ones too. They were only four turning five the dear little ones I taught...the Mums usually had a morning tea at a nearby coffee shop to distract them. Love your post and your card.
Alicia xx

Anonymous said...

That's a fun idea, using a pic as inspiration! I love the way you've used the papers, and that lacy-edged punch is gorgeous too :-) Dulcie x

Dawn said...

OOoh gorgeous card, love the colours and those yummy flowers.


Kyla looks sooo happy and wow she is all grown up!

Hugs
DAwn

Maria said...

Oooh your grand-daughter is too cute! Gorgeous card as always Dawny. TFS and hugs, Maria

PepPop said...

Beautiful card and the colours are stunning.

Great pics of your granddaughter too. Jaqui x