Friday 15 October 2010

It’s Not Often I Say This ….

im

… but I really do like this card :)

I think it’s the colours and the fact that it is really frothy and  girlie and sweet.

Now the one I did yesterday took next to no time but this one however took a fair bit longer. But we got there and it’s my card for this week’s Just Magnolia challenge which this week is …..

 

… this bad boy:)

Picture 004 copy

So this is my take on it. 

This is one of the new Tildas that arrived a short while ago, It’s a Christmas image I guess  but it works well for general stuff as well. So out came the Copics and I used these colours -

E00, E21, R11, R20 (skin) -  E42, E50 (hair) - B0000, B00, RV0000, RV000, RV10 (clothes)

And these are available of course from Miss Tracy Dies To Die For :)

 bloom

Those pretty pink blooms and stamens are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the papers are Nitwits (Joyful Hearts).

Picture 009 copy

I found a bit of tulle lurking furtively at the bottom of a bag so I decided to use it to add a touch of  ‘whatever the word is that I can’t think of right now!!!’

And the Tilda Lace die which I  got from Crafts U Love  was also put to good use. 

The sentiment was absolutely perfect for this card I thought and it’s from Pink Petticoat's  Girly Curly Sentiments Collection 

Picture 005 copy

 I don't know where I got the pink ric rac from – doh – but it always reminds me of  the cardis my beloved Gran used to knit for us when we were kids.

Now you young uns’ don’t laugh, but that’s what Grans did in them days. If it didn’t move, they stuck ric rac and lace on it. They used to knit you stuff and then when you got too big for it, they unpicked it, rewound the wool and knit you something else!!!! Sometimes, you had a new cardi that was made from 2 of your old ones.  Fantastic!!! 

And the ric rac was re-used as well.

Picture 007 copy

So that’s the card done.

Well I started my Chrimbly shopping  yesterday and I got 4 prezzies already. This is somewhat unusual for me cos you know those peeps that have everything bought and wrapped by the end of September?

Well I’m not one of them!!!

I have been know to go out shopping on Christmas Eve before now (hangs head in shame!!).

I got Kyla a ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas’  book  and I showed it to her yesterday  (it’s for life and not just for Christmas) when I took some fruit round for her harvest festival basket (aww!!).  I always wanted to get this for her because when Em was little it was one of her favourite stories and she all but knew it off by heart by the time she was 4, bless her.

I actually  felt quite emotional reading it to Kyla  - it was like rolling back the years (OMG I had a vision of  Mick Hucknell then that’s made me feel quite sick cos I think he is revolting – apols if  I’ve offended any Simply Red fans but you cannot seriously tell me he is attractive!!).  It was only a quick read to be fair cos were were sharing a Danish pastry at the same time so a bit of concentrating was called for to avoid getting icing all over the place.  So we are going to have a proper read later on after dinner.

Well have a wonderful weekend peeps and see you Monday if not before.

Huggiest of hugs to all xxx

10 comments:

Mandi said...

Fabulous card Dawny....you should always like your cards...naughty piggy lol
LOVE Mick's voice, but no he wasnt blessed with any handsome genes eh! Some would say he fell out of the Ugly tree and hit every branch on the way he hee
Have a great weekend, Im not an early Crimbo shopper either...BUT BUT have a few bits too...I need a lie down ha ha

Sorry humongous reply!
mandi xx

Riet said...

So wonderful card Dawny,I love the image and the colours.
So beautiful papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Kath Stewart said...

scrummy delish card as always and you brought so many memories of that wonderful Christmas story. Mick Hucknall... never been a fan but hey he hasn't half had his share of gorgeous women...just goes to show that money and fame go a long way...sadly....hugs kath xxx

Jane said...

Have never seen one of your cards that I don't like...they're always inspirational! xx

Tracey T said...

Beautiful card, Dawny, as ever. Agree totally about MH - not exactly George Clooney, is he?

Sheila said...

I asolutely love ALL of your cards. You truly are my IDOL. I love your clean crisp lines and good use of coloring techniques.

Thanks so much for sharing your talent.

Sheila

Diane said...

Just wonderful, Dawny - great sketch and I love your interpretation of it!
Diane x

Dona said...

Dawny, I love your work and design and your blog always makes gives me a wee giggle. Thank you for your sketches and sharing all. (excuse my ignorance but who is MH?) Wow, you must be a whirlwind with all the things that you do and work outside the home as well. Thanks for sharing.

jc2711 said...

Love the card, colours - everything.
I remember rick rack and lace!!
Your Mick Hucknall comment made me chuckle; I am so in agreement with you on that one.However to be fair to him I think he has improved with age. The long hair one sided hair cut plus the hat, which he sported when Simply Red started was dreadful.
Have a good weekend. Jackie

Heart On My Sleeve Girl said...

What a great card!