Friday 22 October 2010

Thinking Pink For Someone Special :)

im

Hi peeps and happy Friday –woohoooo, the end of the week is here at last!!!

And we have a very VERY nice challenge for you today over with the Just Magnolia girls cos we are promoting Breast Cancer Awareness month and we want you to

THINK PINK

Not only that, but check out this fab prize here cos our sponsor today is non other than the fabulous Wild Orchid Crafts

justmagnolia-22-10

and all you have to do is to use something pink on your cards. I mean, how easy peasy was that one for me!!!! The team cards this week are super special and I think I might know why we all tried extra hard with this one.

But more in a sec.

Picture ps copy

So this is my pink fest card.

I coloured this Tilda – one of my faves cos she just looks so happy – with these Copics which of course you can get from Dies To Die For  -

Skin: E00, E21, R11, R20

Hair: E42, E50,

Clothes: E53, RV0000, RV000, RV10

paper

The papers are of course from the one and only Pink Petticoat (they are the best pink papers in the world IMHO :)) and I used Vintage Rose and Gingham in Pretty Pink. The sentiment is also Pink Petticoat and is one of the ohhh so versatile sentiment ribbons.

And the pretty  paper lace was made  using a Tilda Lace die which I got from Crafts U Love.

bow

I  wanted to keep the breast cancer theme so instead of making a regular bow, I made the ribbon into this shape and added a little cute heart button.

Picture 007 copy

Of course, it wouldn’t be the same without some Wild Orchid Crafts pretty blooms :)

Picture 004 copy                Picture 005 copy

 

Picture 006 copy

And there you go – one pretty pink card with loads of dimension which was made for a very special lady :)

The lady in question is someone who was diagnosed with breast cancer but then proceeded to kick it’s ugly butt right into touch and she is now celebrating her recovery :)  This lady is somebody who showed such dignity and determination throughout her treatment that it makes me quite teary just typing this.

And she continued to produce the most amazing work when she must have felt like a bag of nails a lot of the time. I don’t ever recall her moaning or complaining and she just got on and dealt with it all. In fact, she hardly missed a week, even through her chemo.

You know, sometimes you hear of people being diagnosed with this awful disease and you just know that they are going to succumb, and then you hear if others that you just know will fight it tooth and nail. I was never in any doubt that this lady was the latter.

So today I am dedicated my post here to our JM teamie, this amazing lady here ….

Yes!!! It\

Jacque my friend you are one of the most awesome people I have ever ‘not yet met’,  and I have nothing but admiration and love for you and I think the fact that the girls did 120% this week shows how dear to us all you are xxxx

So on that truly inspirational note, have a great Friday lovely peeps and have a great weekend also if I’m not back tomorrow. I’m off to collect a certain little lady later and then I’ll sort of  go into harassed grandma mode so making cards usually doesn’t get a look in. And of course we do the baking thing on a Saturday morning before her ballet class so no crafty time then!!! I find it hard to do my crafty thing when she is here now because she has all of a sudden developed about 10 extra pairs of hands and they are into all my stuff.

And I all but hyperventilate when she gets too near to my Copics!!!!!

Huggiest of hugs to all (and especially to you  sweet Jacque) xxxx

7 comments:

PepPop said...

Beautiful card for a very inspiring lady! Thanks for sharing both. Have a great weekend. Jaqui x

Diane said...

Lovely card, Dawny and I'm sure Jacque will love it!
Diane x

Elsina said...

Beautiful card and dedication and I agree with you, Jacque is a very special and brave lady! I have been inspired many times when I was low on energy or down, her bright sunny cards and optimism always cheered me up again.

Christina C. said...

What a beautiful tribute to a very beautiful lady. Love it!

Donalda said...

This is just beautiful dear. I think all the cards this week were 120% like you said dear and Jacque has had such a great spirit through her ordeal. She is an amazing person that is for sure. Hugs

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

what an inspirational cause and such a beautiful card hun...

sorry for being such a bad blogger lately I do visit all your posts (honest) but never have time to leave a comment :(

Emma xxx

p.s your nativity cards that were published in card making and papercrafts this month were inspiring!

Pauline C said...

Fabulous card Dawny and I'm sure Jacque will love it - she sounds like one brilliant lady!
Hugs
Pauline x