Tuesday 30 November 2010

Cute Lil (i) Pair :)

Picture 011c copy

Hi peeps and hope you are all OK xxx

It’s time for another Papertake Weekly challenge and this week it’s sketch time.

So here …

#51

.. is the sketch.

And …

1 copyc

.. here’s my interpretation.

I tweaked it slightly which is OK because the basic layout of the sketch is still there :)

If you get a sec, nip over to the challenge and have a butchers at what the DT did with it – all very different and all very gorgeous.

And we have a GDT call as well.

I’ve gone with sort of traditional colours but gave it a bit of a twist and used a black and red colour palette which I really do like.

It’s a very quick and easy card this because I used a Lili Of The Valley Cute Square – this is from the Christmas Is Coming set – and just added a bit of Glamour  Dust which you can just about see.

Picture 009c copy

I used some Wild Orchid Crafts blooms and leaves and I added a couple of punched holly leaves  as well, more to break up the dark colour really but it doesn’t look too bad.

Ooops I just noticed that one of me punched holly leaves has come adrift!! Why oh why don’t I ever see these things when I am taking the pics!!!

Should have gone to Specsavers Dawny :(

Picture 010c copy

The papers are of course Pink Petticoat and I used Gingham and Doodle Dots

And a couple of Tilda lace strips from Dies To Die For, some bits of ribbon strips, a couple more  punched holly and a little red rose finishes it off.

Picture 006c copy                 Picture 007c copy

Picture 008c copy

Easy peasy.

Which is how I like me Chrimbly cards cos I don’t always have time to faff about as usually I am on the last minute!!!

Right it’s a bit of a quickie today as there is lots I have to get through but have a fab day, stay nice and warm and hugs to all xxx

14 comments:

PepPop said...

So pretty! Love the LOTV images. Perfect. Jaqui x

cardmaking bird said...

Gorgeous card and I love that colour scheme!! Thanks so much for becoming a follower over on my blog - I felt very flattered that someone as talented as you might want to come back and visit me again! Hugs, Marie x

Riet said...

So beautiful card Dawny,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Marlou McAlees said...

hi Dawny, this is absolutely beeeautiful!!! love the way you colour your images and photograph them, my photography skills are zero, hahaha :) hugzz xxx

Kat said...

Absolutely gorgeous x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card Dawny.
luv
Debby

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

gorgeous card the colours are stunning and all the detail perfect. janex

Jane said...

You've done it again!!! Bee-ootiful!! xx

Marina said...

Beautiful card Dawny!
I love the colours you've used, the design is wonderful and this image is just cute.

Hugs,
Marina

Minami said...

The card is really pretty. I love the colours together and the image is really cute

maddy hill said...

totally gorgeous Dawny - i love how you have coloured the stamp.

SallyB said...

Hi Dawny...
I love this card! Gorgeous image and fabulous colour scheme...You are such a clever little piggy!!!

Suzie Q said...

hi Dawn,
the black and red look great together for christmas cards especially love the trademark gingham
hugs
Suzie Qx

Sharon Caudle said...

Absolutely gorgeous, ladybug!! I love the black, white, and red, and your coloring is beautiful as always! Love the combo of the doodle dots with the gingham, too! Fabulous! Hope you're doing well!! big hugs!!!
Sharon