Friday 26 November 2010

Not So Tildalicious :(

image copy

Hi peeps and hope you are all OK and not too cold again.

The snow hasn't arrived here as yet but it is still very cold today.

Well I tried to be a bit clever with the lovely sketch that the sweetness that is our very own Donalda did for us this week over at the Just Magnolia challenge and sadly it didn’t quite work out the way I wanted it to.

Oh well, you can’t win them all I guess!!

sketch

So this is Donalda’s fab sketch …..

Picture 001c copy

… and here is what I did with it.

I had the idea to use a different fold which you can see ….

Picture 003c

… here.

You can also see where I didn't stick the front panel down very well.

Ooops, slap dash Miss ‘warts and all’ Piggy!!!!

Picture 007c

Like the lime and lilac colour palette, bows and bells go quite nicely together don’t you think?

Picture 009c

And I stuck one bloom onto the image panel …

c

… and two on the inside of the card, the idea being that when it’s shut, the three blooms fit together as one arrangement if that makes sense.

Picture 002c copy

So that’s what I did and I have to say that I am not at all happy with how it turned out.  I don’t know if it’s because lately I have been embellishing for dear life and this by comparison is quite plain.

Possibly it is.

So anyway I thought I’d do the shopping / info bit at the end again so here we go -

Image coloured with Copics in these colours -

Skin: E00, E221, R11, R20. Hair: E42, E50. Clothes: BV0000, BV02, BV12, C00, C1, YG0000, YG01, YG03

The papers are Pink PetticoatGingham (I know. but it’s sooo pretty lol!!!) and Vintage Rose.  The pretty organza ribbon and all the blooms are Wild Orchid Crafts including the brand new Mixed Purple/White Tone Bloom Set. Finally the Copics and Tilda Lace die are from Dies To Die For.

So that’s me done for today. I may be back tomorrow if time permits but as her ladyship is in residence this evening, time might run away with me. But have a great weekend, stay warm and cosy  and I’ll see you soon.

Hugs to all xxx

 

8 comments:

Donalda said...

Girlfriend this is just gorgeous !!! I so love what you have done with my sketch dear. It is beautiful !! Hugs

Andrea said...

I think your card is gorgeous - I love the colours together. Also love what you've done with the flowers.
Love, Andrea xx

Jane said...

Oh sigh...........!!!!!!!!!!!! xxx

The Little Stamper said...

I think your card is just lovely. You shouldn't be so tough on yourself!

Sharon G

Debs M said...

i think it looks gorgeous! x great idea with the flowers too!

Tracey T said...

I think it's fab, Dawny - love the colour combo! Tracey T x

♥Gemma♥ said...

She ia absolutely gorgeous hunni and love the fold of card too :o)
hugs and xxx

PepPop said...

Beautiful colours and the bow with the bells is stunning. Lovely card! Jaqui x