Wednesday 9 March 2011

A Little Bit Different :)o

 Picture 006c copy

Morning chicks and hope you are all recovered from the pancake fest!!

I have to confess that I only had 3  (is that bad cos usually I have more and they were quite small to be fair!!) 

More in a sec !!

Ok -dokee, today over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge, the theme is

Anything Goes

Woohoo, and there is this fab prize …

 

… up for grabs.

Most of the DT this week are featuring Unity Stamps but  I don't have any, so this …

Picture 001c copy

… is what I did.

Now I did say it was different and so it is.

There is not a Copic in sight, nor is there an image or any ribbon. But there is a flower but it’s only one and it’s a home made one. I did the clickie piccie thing so all of them have links attached which will take you the the right place over at the Simon Says Stamp Store

The papers are both Magnolia and I used Lazy Summer Days and  White Lace

*Magnolia Card Stock Paper STRAWBERRY LINE Lazy Summer Days LZ09                     *Magnolia Card Stock Paper WHITE LACE Lazy Summer Days LZ09                  

And the flower  centrepiece……

Picture 007c copy

… is this one and it was so easy to make.

*s4-112 Spellbinders Nestabilities CLASSIC OVAL SMALL      *Magnolia TILDA LACE Doohickeys Cutting Dies

I die cut some pieces of Tilda lace and pleated them and attached them to the back of an oval nestie.

Then ….

*s4-115 Spellbinders Nestabilities SCALLOPED CIRCLE LARGE      **Prima CRAFTABLE FLOWERS 544010 WHITE

…..I die cut 3 scalloped circle nesties from the Lazy Days paper and then folded them in half and then in half again so there are 8 segments. Then I opened them out again and cut along one of the fold lines from the edge to the centre. Then I concertina folded then and just simply joined them together to make a ring if that makes sense. The ends sort of sit over each other, mountain fold over mountain fold –  you can kind of see on the pic where the join is.

When you put it on your card, if you press it down in the centre, the edges sort of  lift up and I found that a glue dot was the best thing to attach it.

I knotted a small piece of tulle and popped that in the middle and finally, the centre of the flower was made using 4 Prima flowers as per this YouTube tutorial.

I think it looks really pretty : )

Picture 008c copy

Here’s another view of it.

Picture 005c copy

A chopped up sentiment, some swirls and a bit of bling and it was finished. Don’t forget to check out the challenge if you get a sec peeps – the DT cards are gorgeous.

Well I do hope you all enjoyed your pancakes last night. 

I had a sort of conveyor belt thing going and Kyla, bless her, was the runner!!! She was in her element cos she loves to help. It wasn’t plain sailing  though cos I stupidly picked up 2 bags of self raising flower thinking one of them was plain (should have gone to Specsavers lol!!) so the batter wasn’t perfect,  and I bought a new frying pan but it wasn't a patch on the tatty old one which has clearly seen plenty of pancake making action in it’s time.

And trying to find some lemons was horrendous – it would have been easier to track down Lord Lucan!!! I actually went to 3 shops – the big supermarkets – and there was not a single lemon in sight (nor any squeezy lemon juice either).  Granted I did leave it pretty late cos I was working and got bogged down doing something I couldn’t leave. Well I almost went into Basil Fawlty mode – I mean, what sort of shop runs out of lemons on pancake day!!!!!! I ended up getting them from our little village shop where there were plenty(should have gone to the Co-op lol!!)

The maple syrup however was another story :(  I checked on the shelf before I went out because I knew I had some there and sure enough, there was a bottle. Phew, cos my Emma would not be a happy bunny if we didn't have any of that. So I didn't look for any on my lemon finding mission. Little did I realise that it actually ran out of date in …. Feb 2011, or rather that was the best before date.  So then I went into Victor Meldrew mode - I don't believe it!!!. Now I know that some peeps would not let that put them off, but Emma is the faddiest girl on the planet and there was no way on God’s green earth that she would eat it. So she had to have  lemon and sugar or do without. Simples!!! 

She had 4 so they cannot have been that bad!!!

I hope that your stodge fest went a bit smoother lol!!

Right I am off to do some work then it’s back to sorting out her Ladyship’s room which is not going to plan either. But never mind. I promised her it would be done for Friday and it will be, even if I have to stay up till stupid o’clock in the morning to finish it.

Enjoy your day and see you tomoz. Hugs to all xxxx

22 comments:

Larisa said...

very beautiful card! I wonder you make the paper's projects so light and beautiful)) Love the swirls you used here) Using the swirls makes any card or anything else to be so special!!!
hugs. Larisa. xx

Judi said...

A LOT different if you ask me, but absolutely BEAUTIFUL - Love it!

Judi x

Carol D said...

Hi Dawny,

Super flower card, but quite hard to fit in an envelope, glad you enjoyed your pancakes, actually there're not that bad only 2 WW pro points each. I only had one hope to finally get to goal today.

Love the ducky card from yesterday day too great colours.

Hugs Carol xx

Kath Stewart said...

wow Mrs this is absolutely stunning...love how you made the flower and sounds as though Pancake Day was a hoot...won't divulge how many I had....big hugs kath xxx

Liza said...

A gorgeous card Dawny, I love the way you made the flower.

Liza x

Jane said...

Different...but still as lovely!!xx

loftylass said...

Hi Dawny - love the card and all the hints - this would be suitable as a wedding card if done in the bride's chosen colours. tfs (I've spent the last 30 mins watching utube!!!)
Hugs
HW
x

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Lovely card, Dawny

Denise said...

Really gorgeous card. I love the homemade flower - fantastic. Denise xx

Lorraine A said...

stunning card Dawny :-) the flower is beautiful, perfect centerpiece ,, I love it !! :-)

oohh ,, not saying how many pancakes i had ,,,, and they weren't small !! I love them with lemon too ,, am sure they syrup would have been fine too ,, it doesn't go off !!:-)

luv
Lols x x x

Lynda said...

I had to pop back to see what Your sneaky peek turned into! It's fabulous and I love your homemade flower - very pretty.

Love Lynda xxx

allex said...

stunning dawny ! beautiful card, I luuuurve it !!!

Hugs, sandra xx

Julie said...

Gorgeous card Dawny, love that flower.

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Dawny wow it's just gorgeous!!!!

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Dawny.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sue B said...

Beautiful card! I love the flower, it's gorgeous with the lace and the lacey border.

I had to laugh at your pancake shopping - we had similar trouble getting a lemon for pancakes last year, then when it came to cooking the mixture went wrong and shrivelled to nothing! This year I was determined to avoid stress and bought some ready made (i know it's cheating!) but they were very nice!

Hugs Sue xx

Ribbon Girl said...

Lovely card and beautiful flower - you could have worn this on your lapel or in your hair!! Our pancake day was fuss free, Andrea and I ate far more than we should have but to be fair, we didn't actually have any tea, we just had the pancakes - I had lemon and golden syrup and she had lemon and sugar - delicious! Mary G x

Jacilynn said...

what a great idea to fold your doohickey paper!

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Dawny, I love the flower you've made
hugs Mandy xx

Pauline C said...

Very glamorous and fabulous, and love the light and delicate colours and feel. I wish i had enough imagination to try something really different now and again when i see such fab results :-)
Glad you enjoyed your pancake fest when you eventually got it ... I think i ate 5 but they were fairly miniature (and it was my tea) ... and had sugar and orange juice on them which made me feel quite virtuous in a bizarre way! I'm hopeless my husband makes great ones bless him!
Hugs
pauline x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Hi Dawny,

This flower is STUNNING, and the lace scalloped and folded is beautiful! Great work! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

craftymum said...

Hi Dawny
I think you could make a film out of your adventures in making pancakes!
This card is very different from your usual style but it is still wonderful, The flower is gorgeous.
Hugs sarah X
p.s. I have used one of the cute Squares you sent me on my recent post