Sunday 26 June 2011

I Don’t Usually …..

Picture 010c copy

Hi peeps and I hope you are all enjoying the weekend. Apparently there is a heatwave but it isn't that obvious here at the mo, but it may be on it's way :)

There’s a few ‘I don’t usually-s’ about this today as -

I don’t usually post anything at the weekend…

I don’t usually use Pro Markers (well not recently, even though I used to use them all the time)  …

I don’t usually distress the edges let alone ink them up  …

I don’t usually use Sarah Kay images (again I haven’t for a looong time) and …

I don’t usually put mag stuff on here.

But  I was just tinkering about with the pens while I was getting ready for a Pro Marker class that I did at the weekend and had some stuff I had lying about and this is what I did so I thought I’d share this with you today.  It’s literally made with left over bits  and bobs I had on me desk – apart from the blingy and distressing bits!!!

IRL the colours are lovely and clean looking but they don’t look as nice in the edit, doh :(

Picture 003c copy

PMs used are -

Skin – Blush, Dusky Pink and Ivory

Hair – Sandstone, Tan & Ivory

Clothes etc – Pear Green, Lime Green, Lime Zest, Soft Lime, Ice Grey 1, Ice Grey 2, Ice Grey 3, Powder Blue, Pastel Blue, Cornflower

Papers are from the Aye Aye Captain collection by Nitwits.

Picture 007c copy

I found these blingy bits while I was rooting about so I stuck one in the middle of a white organza bow…...

Picture 009c copy

… and added a couple more to this little arrangement made with some Wild Orchid Crafts blooms – I just used  sweetheart blossoms and hip rosebuds.

You don’t always needs a florist shop full of blooms to make it look pretty I don't think, even though I do usually get a bit carried away once I start with them :).

Picture 004c copy      Picture 005c copy

Picture 006c copy

I was sent a distressing tool a while ago to use for a commission and I got it out to have a fiddle with again. It’s a nifty little number and it makes very light work of sanding and roughing up the edges. It’s called a d-stress and it’s FAB :)

I know I don’t usually put mag stuff on here but I’ve included part of the article as it has the deets …

1scan0001 cop11y

So on that distressing note lol,  I’ll be off and I’ll see you in the week.

Enjoy your Sunday and hugs to all xxx

8 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

This is beautiful Dawny love the image and style of card you have done beautiful papers too love it
Jacki xx

krafty-kutz said...

OMG ur donts are beatiful hun! Well done its gorg!! x

Sue said...

Hi hun
as ever a totally gorgeous card, awesome colouring, lovely papers & embelies, sue,x

yvon said...

Absolut gorgeous card Dawny. Love the papers and your coloring is awesome.
Hugs, Yvon

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love all the things you don't usually and this is fab. Marianne x

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card Dawny, gorgeous image and details.
luv
Debby

dutchess said...

Really stunning card Dawny...so fresh looking have to download those nitwit papers they look great....well all your donts are all our dooos!!!!you are a real inspiration...off to my craft room!!! hugs Margaret

Mik said...

This card is so sweet. Great Job!