Wednesday 6 July 2011

Simon Says Sew :)

 

Picture 005c copy

Morning peeps and what a disappointment the weather is here today.

It isn't cold but it’s greyer than a single bloke's undies quite frankly!!!!

And on that rather  unsavoury note – hope you weren't eating then, ugghhhhh  lol!! – let’s nip over and see what’s going on at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge today.

Our theme this week is

A Stitch In Time 

As always there is a whopping prize ….

… which you can spend …

… right here :)

Picture 001c copy copylow

You can use real or faux stitching –  I went for faux :)

So using a very similar colour theme as yesterday this what I did. It was actually the  second card I’d done for this challenge but my DT pack arrived and this sweet little stamp was in it and I just HAD to use it there and then (sad I know but there ya go!!)   She is Mimi About Town and she a Penny Black wood mounted stamp.   And as it happens, the colours I used are very similar to those used on the front of the stamp are they are -

E000, E00, E21 R11 (skin), E33, E35, E37, E77 (hair), G21, R85, RV0000, RV00, RV10, RV14, RV23, Y06, YG0000, YG01. YG03 (clothes etc).

No polychromos today :)

I just happened to have some of those funky buttons in my stash.  I’ve had them years  and didn’t really like them but they look quite good on the wheels I thought.

Like lime green alloys :)

Picture 006c copy copylow

The papers I used are Prima Flowers 6 x 6 Paper Pack Jack & Jill Celebrate.

And it’s here again!!

Yes the Magnolia leaf and swirl die is on yet another card. I LOVE this die – you may have noticed lol.  I feel a bit sorry for the leaf bit cos that hasn't been used yet… but it will be!!

I also used the Magnolia Tilda Lace die which is another fave.

Picture 002c copy copylow      Picture 003c copy copylow

Picture 004c copy copylow

I have to admit that I have been pleased with yesterday’s and today’s cards which doesn’t often happen.

We had a nice walk up to the pub last night and had a really nice meal. The pub is in the middle of the village and it used to be one of those places where you got the ‘Slaughtered Lamb’ effect when you went in – or at least that’s how we and a couple of other non born and bred villagers felt.  We never found the landlord  very friendly either,  boo hisssss.

Then last year the pub closed down cos miserable manager did a bunk  (allegedly) and the pub was  really just rotting away. Then it re-opened a few weeks ago having had a complete refurb with a new and friendly manager and a great menu.  You are made to feel so welcome and the food is FAB –  a million per cent better than it was, and the atmosphere is really good in there now.  And it’s nice to see it busy after seeing it looking neglected – just what our lovely village needed.

So last night I had a British tapas with all sorts of yummies – very different and  it was AMAZING.   Rich had one of the specials which was called The Greedy Pig (and hold that thought cos I know what you’re thinking lol!!). It consisted of ham hock on a bed of proper mushy peas – the real deal ones that you have to soak, a  bowl of little  home made sausages, a bowl of the best crackling I have ever had, and ….. wait for it …. pig’s trotters!!!!!  I have never eaten pigs trotters in my life – perish the very thought cos it’s like cannibalism lol. But I was curious and I have to say that they are delicious!!!

A tasty treat indeed. And now that I;ve had them I feel like  a true northern girl!!!  Then we had a stroll back, holding hands and pretending we like each other,  in an attempt to walk off the calories we had just eaten ( we were very good and didn't do pudding!!).

Incidentally you might have guessed that I am still undecided about which diet to do next, so until then I am on the See Food diet!!!!

Right,  on that note I am off to do my work. I’ll see you tomorrow and if you get a sec nip over and check out the challenge and rather fab DT cardage peeps.

Enjoy your day and hugs to all xxx

10 comments:

Riet said...

So beautiful card Dawny,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny,, I'm not surprised you had to ink up this cutie !! she is fab and the papers and lime alloy wheels are just perfect !! :-)

Ooh sounds like a fab lunch,, not so sure anout pigs trotters tho,, hope they were well washed before they cooked em ,,, !!! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Kelly Schelske said...

This is fabulous Dawny! Great papers and fun colors, super cute image, love the buttons!

Sue said...

Hi hun
aww an adorable card, awesome colouring, pretty papers & design, luv the button wheels, sue,x

kelly ledder said...

Beautiful as always

Chrissy said...

A really cute card, love the wheels, they are wondferful, just right.Lovely colours.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Mau xx said...

Your card is just Fab Dawny, but oh! if you never made another one I would still pop by just have a laugh at your chat. You never fail to make me chuckle ... :))
Glad you liked the Pigs Trotters...but wasn't that Richards meal that you were enjoying!!
Hugs Mau xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh Dawny this image is SO darling!! I love the layout of the card and the use of fun green buttons for the wheels...just brilliant my dear!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Julie said...

lovely card Dawny

Laila said...

Your card is awsome. The image is super cute, and I just love the "wheely buttons". Looks really great. And as you've used one of my fave colour combos, this card is simply great.
Hugs Laila

http://blog.lolapigen.dk