Wednesday 14 September 2011

Name That Tune :)

Picture 005c copy

Morning peeps and we are half way through the week so time to nip across the pond and see what’s happening with the Simon Says Stamp Challenge crew today.

We have a FAB theme for you and our challenge this week is to use a

SONG or FILM title as Inspiration

and the DT have been sooo creative with some clever choice of songs to match their work, so if you get a sec, nip and check it all out me darlins.

There is a voucher up for grabs …

… which you get to spend in the Simon Says Stamp Store

So, what did I do then???

Picture 001c copy

Well here’s the old card and the song I used is also the sentiment.

It’s Anyone For Tennis by Eric Clapton / Cream (and guess who is showing her age now ).

Wanna listen???

Yes, wouldn't that be nice indeed  :)

However I must confess that although I used to play several times a week many moons ago – it’s where I met my beloved and he was and still is awesome and sadly I was not – I hadn’t hit a ball for over 6 years until we went to Anglesey and I managed to hit a few with his Lordship. Kyla bless her was our ‘ball girl’ and she creased us as she kept crouching down at the side of the net like she has seen them do on the telly, bless her!!!

Attention to details is everything with that kid lol!!

And speaking of which, I better get back to the card instead of rambling on.

So I used Tennis Tilda – LOVE that image – and coloured her with these Copics -

E000, E00, E21, R11, R20 (skin), E35, E41, E42, E50 (hair), B0000,B000, B00, B02, C00, C1, C3, YG0000, YG01, YG03 (the rest).

Picture 004c copy

The papers used are First Edition Up Up  & Away 6 x 6 paper pack – gorgeous clean colours I think.  And the old faithful Tilda Lace Die has joined us once again (I cannot help it cos it’s so pretty).

Picture 002c copy

Picture 003c copy

And there we are done.

I’ll be back in the morning with another card to share and now I better get off and get some flippin’ work done, booo hisssss lol!!!

I don’t usually do this but thought I might enter this into a few challenges as it fits and they are –

Charisma Cardz – Inspired by A Song

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge  – Inspired By A Song

There’s lots of tunes about in the land of blog this week which is FAB :)

Have the fabbiest of days sweet peeps and hugs to all xxx

11 comments:

debby4000 said...

Adorable, beautiful card Dawny
luv
Debby

Berry said...

Love this Dawny so fresh and vinrant! Had no idea you were a bit of a tennis player! I sadly am allergic to all types of exercise lol it makes me very faint thinking about it! hugs Rebekah xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny and I must admit I had never heard that song ,, have now tho ! thanks for the video :-) Lovely papers(snap ,, I used those too :-)) and the charm is just perfect :-)
Great timing with the American Open just finished !! :-)
you really made me smile talking about Kayla ,, aww belss her :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Kirsty said...

Hi loving this fresh card Tilda is looking rather sporty with your fab sentiment. Live the stripey bow too. Your blog did make me laugh lol . Thanks Kitty :D

Unknown said...

HI Dawny, love your card, it has this very crisp look to it that I love. Hugs, Frea

Sweetncrafty Gal said...

Hey Dawny, so nice to see you over at charisma, your card is beautiful i love the colours! thanks so much for joining our Inspired by a song challenge this week
at Charisma Cardz! good luck carlyann xx (Charisma Cardz DT/Owner)

Laila said...

WOW, this is just perfect :o) Love that tennis charm. Beautiful.
Hugs Laila

downrightcrafty said...

A super gorgeous creation, love the color choice and the image, thank you for sharing with us at The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate

xxxtglxxx said...

Hi Dawny :)

This is a stunning card hun, gorgeous fresh colours and cute image :)

Thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Stunning work, Miss Dawny! I love the layering, the papers, and of course little Tilda playing tennis!!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Thanks for joining our "Inspired by a song" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE this week :)

Hugs Jane x