Wednesday 12 September 2012

Ohhhh So Trendy :)

Hi lovely peeps and hope you are all OK today.

I’m still sniffing and snotting like nobody's business (ugh, too much info there possibly!!) but I think that perhaps the achy limbs are not as bad today even if the old throat is still quite painful!!! Before we get to the card, just to let you know that my winner from last week’s Put A Stamp On It challenge will be announced later so please do keep checking. The winner of the $100 voucher will be announced on the challenge blog as well.

So time to head across the water and catch up with our friends over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and this week our challenge is ….

We're So TRENDY …

as this week we are using designs that are very much on trend at the moment…

 

      NEON                                                  HEXAGON                                           CHEVRON

....  so you just need to include these in your projects this week :)

As always, our lovely Heidi is giving away a fabulous …

… for one lucky winner to spend …

…right here.

So …..

 Picture 001 copy

… this is what I did and this is just about as different as you could get for me, but I’m quite pleased with how it turned out :)

I’ll put linky pics at the end with all the stuff I used so you just need to click the pic and it should take you straight to the correct place in the shop.

Picture 007 copy

I used chevrons and hexagons (no neon sadly) and the both are included in the DP. Not sure if I am stretching it a bit here but the stitching is also chevron shaped.

It is isn't it????

Picture 004 copy

The star of the show – this lovely bloom.

I used 4 of the Prima Craftable blooms to maje it. I used one as a base and the other 3 I scrunched up and glued to the base flower before adding some Diamond Stickles.

I added a decorative brad and popped it onto a Kaiser White Flower Crochet Doily (these add a nice but of texture).

Picture 005 copy

  

You can see the patterns on the DP in this pic :)

Picture 002 copy

Picture 003 copy

Here’s the shopping list …..

*Prima CRAFTABLE FLOWERS #730 WHITE                      *Kaiser WHITE FLOWER Crochet Doilies EM949                     *Memory Box DELICATE FERN Craft DIE 98341

*Basic Grey PB&J 6 x 6 Cardstock Paper Pack PBJ3677                          *Martha Stewart EMBOSSED ZIGZAG Edge Punch Zig Zag 284005

So that’s me done for now and I’ll be back soon with my winner.

I’ll also be back tomorrow with something a little bit lilacy and a little bit minty. No sneakie peekie though cos I haven’t done the pics yet!!

Have the fabbiest of days and huggiest of hugs to all xxxx

12 comments:

Sue said...

WOW!! this is stunning Dawny. I love the flower and the colours and papers are fabulous.
I hope you are feeling a bit better today
Hugs Sue

Mandy said...

Dawny this is absolutely gorgeous, love that big flower :)
hugs Mandy xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny :-) I LOVE the flower with the doily behind it ,, so girly and it contrasts so well with the papers too ,,, stunning ! ,,, ooh ,, love the fern die cuts too ,, think I need that one ,, :-)

luv
Lols x x x

KandA said...

This is fabulous. I really love the way you've put the flower together with the crochet and brad xx

Heather said...

A beautiful card Dawny, I love your design and colours, your centrepiece with the flower are sensational!!!

hugs
Heather xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Stunning card, as always, Dawny! I love the way you put it together and the big blossom is so lovely!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous use of those trendy details! I love the colors and patterns.

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful! Love the crocheted piece and all the layering! Fabulous card!

cheiron said...

LOVE how this turned out, the colors, textures and flowers are all FAB together!

Melissa Bove said...

Love, love, love this Dawny!! So beautiful! That flower is gorgeous!!

hugs...

Lisa Carroll said...

Oh, Dawny, this is fabulous! Love that white crocheted flower... gives lots of texture! :)

Lin said...

Lovely subtle use of these trendy elements, Dawny! A nice soft card, beautifully done!