Wednesday 5 December 2012

Snow Is Falling …..

 

Hi there lovely peeps and hope you are all OK today xxx

Well it seems that snow is indeed failing … all over the UK but nothing here so far. However there is a lot of ice on the road and Rich had a near miss this morning. That will teach him for getting up and going to the gym at 8am won't it!!! I didn't realise that he knew there were 2 x  8 o'clocks in one day lol!! Unfortunately further up the road, another driver skidded right past him and crashed into a concrete wall. Nobody was hurt but the driver’s car isn't feeling too clever right now!! But as I always say, cars can be replaced, people can’t!!!

So it’s that time of the week when we head across the water and catch up with our friends over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and this week out theme is

Snowflakes

This week we are showcasing Glitter Ritz Products.  If you have them we would love to see them but it's not compulsory to use them if you want to join in :-)

As always, our lovely Heidi is giving away a fabulous …

… for one lucky winner to spend …

…right here (lucky girlie!!)

So ….

 Picture 001 copy 

.. this is what I did.
A bit unusual perhaps but it’s nice to try something different I think.

I’ll put some piccies at the end of the post with links to the products I used and where you can get them over at the Simon Says Stamp store.

 

Picture 006 copy

I layered up the snowflake die with a punched snowflake in the centre.

The glitter was added to the border by sticking on a strip of DST then removing the backing tape. When you add the glitter you get a nice straight line of it. You can do this several times to get a glittery stripy effect and you can use other colours as well.]

Easy peasy :)

Picture 002 copy

 

Picture 003 copy

So that’s  the old card and here’s the stuff I used.
The pics have links that will take you straight to the right place in the store.

*Glitter Ritz WESTERN BLUE Opaque Microfine

Glitter Ritz WESTERN BLUE Opaque Microfine glitter

 

*October Afternoon 8 x 8 HOLIDAY STYLE Paper Pad PP752 

October Afternoon 8 x 8 HOLIDAY STYLE Paper Pad

 *Memory Box BIANCA SNOWFLAKE Craft Die 98193

 Memory Box BIANCA SNOWFLAKE Craft Die 98193

 

*Martha Stewart ARCTIC SNOWFLAKE Craft Punch M283007

Martha Stewart ARCTIC SNOWFLAKE Craft Punch

 

*E8-001 Spellbinders CLASSIC SCALLOP Edgeabilities Dies

Spellbinders Edgeabilities Classic Scallop E8-001

So that’s me done for today but before I go, just to say that if you get a sec, do nip over and check out the challenge. There is a real toe tapper of a vid on there which will have you singing your heads off (or maybe that’s just me!!). So I thought I’d leave you with a little vid of my fave ever ever ever Christmas song. I may share a few more before we get to the big day, you never know :)

It’s so poignant this vid because Kirsty is no longer with us. And to be fair, Shane hasn't been with us for years has he, bless him. I know he isn't much to look at and he has the worse dentist on the planet!!! But he writes such beautiful words,  and I can never hear this without getting a lump in my throat.

Even when I’m sober lol!!!

Enjoy and have the fabbiest of days.

Huggiest of hugs to all xxx

13 comments:

Lin said...

LOVE this, Dawny - swoony colors!

Sue said...

Gosh, that was a near miss this morning, makes you realise how quickly your life could change when something like that happens.

Your card is gorgeous, I love that delicate snowflake and beautiful colours.

Oh, I love that song too, one of my favourites I think.

hugs Sue

Melissa Bove said...

So beautiful Dawny!! Love that snowflake die!!

hugs...

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Dawny :-) everything is perfect and I LOVE the blue glitter ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Lorraine A said...

oohh meant to add ,,, love the video too ... I did play it the whole way through ,, it does make you feel a bit sad, especially as Kirsty is no longer here ,,,, :-/

KandA said...

Gorgous card. Love the design, colours and fabulous snowflake xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Stunning card, Dawny! I just love the blue/white/kraft combo!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Heather said...

Morning Dawny, a stunning card, your colours are fab and I love that beautiful snowflake!!

hugs
Heather xx

Linda Visser - van der Velden said...

Great card! I love the colors and details!

Unknown said...

This card looks great :0 I love the tip for using double sided tape with glitter.

******************************
Saffire dragon crafts
New digi stamp blog. Freebie in first post.

Sarah J Moerman said...

Fabulous card! Great colors! Love your layered snowflake!

Words and Pictures said...

That's a stunning snowflake die (MB make the most amazing dies, don't they?!)... and I love your colour combination with the kraft - fantastic card!
Alison x

wizzo said...

Love this design - I already have the die and the punch so am going to 'borrow' your design for my workmates cards. Hope that's OK.