Tuesday 14 May 2013

You'll Be Singing This ...& A Bit Of Pridey Stuff Too :)

 

Picture-006web

Hi there peeps and hope you are all OK today :)

We are supposed to be having rain but somebody forgot to tell the weather -it's rather nice here at the mo.

OK so it's time for a bit of Papertake malarkey and this week our theme is

The Sound of Music

(or moojic as Kyla used to call it!!).

You can interpret this how you want and there is an array of lovely cardage from the DT so if you get a sec nip over an check it all out. Plus we have not one but 2 prizes up for grabs this week and you have to be innit to winnit.

So what did I do then?

Picture-001web

I went for a few of my favourite things and I've been singing this all flamin' morning - it is soooo stuck in my head.

Practically everything on here is a fave of mine, from the suppliers to the colours and of course all the bits and bobs.

The Lili of The Valley image is called Emma Swing and I coloured her with these Copics -

Skin - E000, E00, E11, E13. R00, R02
Hair - E30, E31, E35, E39, E50

Swing - E30, E31, E33, E35, E39, E50

Flowers - R85, RV0000, RV000

Grass - YG000, YG01, YG03, YG95

The papers are from the Nitwits  Romance & Roses collection - gorgeous.

 

 

Picture-005web

A little arrangement chock full of goodies from our Mary & Andrea over at The Ribbon Girl and they are -

White Kort & Godt Chrysanth,   Hip Rose Buds Pink/White Two Tone, Sweetheart Blossom Baby Pink & White Pink, Beaded Stamen White, Mixed Dahlia Raspberry Delight, Kort & Godt Rolled Paper Roses Pink, Starburst Stamen Pink

 

 

Picture-004web

This sentiment is from the LOTV A7 Sentiments to Fit Scroll set.
I LOVE that font :)

 

 

Picture-002web

There's also a La La Land Heart Banner die and the shape on the card was made using an A4 Frilly Frame 6 piece Rectangles SET 6 which I got from  Once Upon A Stamp at Port Sunlight on Saturday

And hugest of thanks to everybody who came to see us at the LOTV stand at PS.
And a special thanks to Hazel for bringing me some yummy choccies :)

And I must also say thank you to the lovely ladies at Happy Stampers North West for a very enjoyable Copics workshop on Sunday that I did with Wendy from Stamps and Memories.

What a lovely bunch of ladies you are xxx

 

 

Picture-003web

Right I better go but before I do (see, there I go in Columbo mode again) I just have to share this.

My sweet little Thea took her first proper steps yesterday and we were there to see it. I was  thrilled I can tell you because of course we were there when Kyla took her first steps and I did think we might miss it with this little soul, but no she obliged. And just a few days short of her first Birthday as well - I cannot believe how quickly this year has gone.

photo-(1)

Here she is when we went to baby Niamh's Christening a few weeks ago, reading the Mass sheet.

Bless her little heart, she is such a little sweetie and not a  single tooth in her head yet - don't you just love gummy little grins!! And as I said to her Daddy last night, here is where the fun starts now that she is mobile because she will be into everything!!

Rubbish pics sorry but I took them on my phone and it was a bit dark in the church.

And I can't leave my Kyla out.

While we were at the Christening,  the kids were entertained by a Creepy Crawly man who brought along some snakes, spiders, frogs, giant rats, you name it. My little Kyla is really not  a brave kid but she so wants to be. Anyway he told all the kids to bring the creatures round and show the grown ups as they were brave and the grown ups would be scared of them (how right he was in my case). And of course she was scared as well but she  really tried and she managed to pick up a tortoise so of course we told her how proud of her we were and praised her to the hilt for being such a brave kid.

And then she came over to us with  .....

photo (2) copy

... this bad boy.
Well of course we (I say we, but it was Emma and I ) could not run away after telling her how brave she was. She doesn't look entirely comfortable here on this pic but believe me, it is nothing compared  to how we were looking. Have you ever tried to smile and look convincing while you are absolutely cacking yourself?  No? Well it ain't easy I can promise you that.  I was so relieved when she too it back to him!!!

You can see where she gets her courage from can't you!!
Stick to the face painting kid ... please!!!!!

Well I really am going now. I'll see you tomoz but until then have a fab day and hugs to all xxx

9 comments:

The Craft Bucket said...

Fabulous card, love the layout. Rain here in the South right now :( Great pics of the little ones too! Take care, love Jane x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Dawny. I love the sweet image and beautiful paper and details.
Such wonderful photos, thank you for sharing
hugs Sue xx

Jane said...

Eeeeek Dawny a snake...the one thing I am frightened of, even the thought of them makes my hair stand on end..LOL. What a brave girl she was! Your card has calmed me down, all sweet and pretty, just lovely x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

gorgeous card ,fully festooned with prettiness. Great pics , that looks like Saughall church to me if I'm not mistaken. Hope you've recovered from Saterday.
janex

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Dawny. the image looks great and I love all the pretty embellies.
The photo's of the girls look fab too.
Lorraine x

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous cuties in the photo's....not too sure on the snake though. Beautiful card as always x Susan x

Deborah said...

Such a beautiful card Dawny and I love the photos, but not too impressed by the snake!!

Don't know how you managed to stay still - I wouldn't have been able to get out of there quick enough!

Deborah A

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, adorable card
But did chuckle at your latest story, she was brave though.
luv
Debby

Marjolein said...

ha, ha, Ooh what a hilarious moment with all the creepy crawlers, ha, ha.
I can sooo much identify with you.:-)
Anyway the pics are sooo sweet and you're so blessed to have such lovely kids and grandchildren!
And your card is FAB as always.
It's a real treat to read your blogposts although you've managed to put a song in my head... and a big smile on my face,ha, ha.
Bye from the Netherlands,

Marjolein