Sunday 21 July 2013

Sneaky Peekie Squirrels

 

Hi there possums and a very Happy Sunday to everyone.

Can I just say that I have been completely overwhelmed by all the message of support and good wishes from so many people regarding my good news. I am humbled by it all, I truly am. Thank you all so much - it means a lot to me that so many of you took the trouble to email, or send me a message via my blog and FB page so hugest of thanks from the bottom of my heart :) xxxx

I have a little sneakie peekie for you today which features one of the brand new Lili of the Valley Christmas Images which are  due for release next week. Aren't they sweet :)

The image I've used is called

Squirrel Snack

And I can't decide if she is actually my fave from this release!!!

So ....

Picture-001web

... here's the card, and ....

 

Picture-006web 

... here's the image .

I coloured it using Copics and these are the colours I used -

Skin - E000, E00, E11, E13, R00, R02
Hair - E321, E35, E59, E50

Squirrels - E07, E08, E50, E97, E99

The rest - C00, C01, C02, E30, E31, E35, E39, G99, R02, R05, R17, R27, R59, YG00, YG03, YG95

Aren't those cheeky squirrels cute!!!

But sorry about covering the poor kid in glitter - her hair is full of it (note to self - BRUSH the card before you photograph it, you dope!!)

The papers I  used are from the Classic Christmas 8x8 paper pad which have been designed by Laila and these are just what they say they are - all very traditional but with a modern twist.

 Picture-004web

In the paper pack there's a sheet of green paper and I used this to create the 'pine branches' which I made using a Martha Stewart punch. The pine cones were made using a sheet of brown paper from the Krafty Christmas paper pad. They are ever so easy to do and are made using a scalloped rose die. Now I cannot and will not take the credit for these because I saw them on the fabulous blog that  belongs to Kitty. I adore her work and the way she uses dies just blows me away. Anyway there are some really nice tutorials on there and you will find the one for these pinecones right here.

I think they are awesome and I will be doing this technique again without a shadow of a doubt!!!

Picture-005web

Some beautimous goodies from The Ribbon Girl - 25mm Red No 15 Small Check Ribbon, a Dark Green Small Polka Dot Spotty Button, a double bow made from the Card of Brown Earth Mix Hemp Twine and all topped off with a 5mm Red Crystal

Picture-002web

The sentiment is from Set 18 - Greetings Postmarks

 

Picture-003web

So there we are all done and I  will be back tomoz with another sneakie peekie - I am a bit late with them this time so I am trying to catch up. But my teamies have been on the case and haven't they made some crackers!!!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and indeed the weekend and I'll see you back here in the morning.

Huggiest of hugs to all xxx

16 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is such a delightful Christmas creation and isn't her little 4-legged friend the cutest ever.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Loopylou. said...

eeeep!! thats just gorgeous Dawny!!!! i love it and she is so me!!!...sigh is it not the 25th yet...sigh!!! lol!
huge hugs Lou xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

She is adorable, love these new stamps and your card is gorgeous x

Tanya said...

Gorgeous card Dawny! Love the Christmassy colours :D And that image is amazing! YAY for girls with glasses!!! :D

Tags xx

Manna said...

Perfect!! Love theis!!

Manna said...

Perfect!
Love the image and your fantastic creation :)
Greetings from Finland!

Squirrel x said...

At last, an LOTV stamp with SQUIRRELS! Yaaay! Gorgeous card hunny, this one will be top of my list for the 25th.... Hugs Sxx

Unknown said...

wow!!!!!!!!!! terrific card awesome colouring superb hunnie increadiblely beautiful hugs sassyxxxx

jolanda said...

Just gorgeous! These new Christmas stamps are amazing. Your colouring is beautiful and I really like these pinecones look great.
Hugs, Jolanda

Annette said...

Well she's just adorable. I love her specs!!! This is already on my wish list. Thanks Dawny, for the inspiration, she's a 'must have'!
Hugs
Annette
xx

Sue said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW I love this cutie so much!! Such a wonderful card with gorgeous detailing, I especially love the pine cones, off to check out the tutorial now, thank you for the inspiration.
hugs Sue xx

Chris said...

What a lovely LOTV image and beautifully coloured. Thanks for the info on the pine cones what a great idea.
Chris X

Inky Angel said...

Gorgeous card, love the black gingham and red color combo, it really makes the image pop.

Unknown said...

So adorable, i love it

Unknown said...

I love this card. Very traditional
colors. Great bows and paper choices.

Unknown said...

cute character...and gorgeous cards of course