Monday 24 February 2014

Bloomin' Peachy :)

Hi there peeps and hope you are all OK today.

Today is the day that you can at last get your mitts on the brand new release over at Lili of The Valley :)
It'll soon be midday, yayyyyy :)))

Have you picked your faves yet?

The DT have been sharing their fabulous makes over the last few weeks so hopefully you will have gotten oodles of inspiration and your crafty hands will be itching to go lol!!

I'm sharing another telly make today and this time I've used papers from the beautiful Pressed In Time paper pad.
I cased the layout of this card from one I'd seen around and about and wrote down the creator so that I could credit her but I cannot find it any anywhere. So apols if it was you xx - I'll keep my links somewhere a bit safer next time, dope that I am.

 

 Picture-006w

So this is what I did.

I think perhaps next time I'll use a kraft card base but I still quite like it with a white base as it picks up the Cheery Lynn doily and the sentiment strip. I've also done a fair bit of edge inking in here as well - I seem to be doing this all the time now.
I wonder if I'm going from fairly CAS over to the shabby side lol!!!

 

 

Picture-009w

The flower is made from Sir Tim's Tattered Florals Dies.
I have to say that the papers are perfect for this sort of project as they stand up to a bit of abuse without  being too bulky.

And they look very pretty as well :)

 

 

Picture-010w 

Lots of 'natural' stuff here.
The hessian ribbon and button twine are from The Ribbon Girl as is the sparkler which I coloured with a Copic to match the papers.

 

 

 Picture-007w

I added some liquid pearls (again!!) and a few dabs of Diamond Stickles in the centre bit of the flower.
IRL it looks better than it does here - they look like bits of snow lol!!!

 

 

Picture-008w 

So that's me done and I will be back tomorrow with a very special post for Papertake Weekly.
Enjoy the rest of your day and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

5 comments:

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Great card, love the beautiful flower and the hessian!
Rebecca.

Sammy said...

Gorgeous! The colour is just beautiful, and I love the hessian! x

Debra K. said...

Fabulous card Dawny! The flower is rather gorgeous, make a great hair accessory. Thanks for visiting me :) Debra x

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card Dawny, this really showcases the papers, love the flower centre too x Susan x

Marjorie said...

Fabulous card Dawny, loving the beautiful flowers and this one is a stunner!..
Hugs,
Marjorie x