Wednesday 30 April 2014

A Rare Thing!!

Morning peeps and hope you are all OK today : )

I’ve another sneakie peekie to share today but this one is a bit different because it’s actually a card I made for somebody!!
Usually my cards aren't made for a real person but this one was for a very sweet real person and  I’m pleased to report that she did indeed like it

And …

… here it is.

This is another Lili of The Valley birthday fairy and this one is called Time Flies.

As always, I gave her the Copics treatment and these are the colours I used -

Skin – E000, E00, E11, E13, R00, R02
Hair – E31, E33, E34, E35, E39
The rest – B0000, B00, C00, C0, C3, C4, C5, C7, C9, C10, G99, RV0000, RV000, RV10, RV34, RV69, Y0000, Y00,  Y02, Y21, Y28, YG0000, YG00, YG03, YG95

I added loads of Glamour Dust around the image again – I LOVE how it brings the colours to life.

004w

The papers here are from the Bonnets & Bowties paper pad and also the Bonnets & Bowties Solids.
I can’t stop using these solid papers -  they match perfectly the patterned papers so they are fab for matting and layering but also for making embellies such as flowers etc.  

Another Sentiments to Fit Scroll sentiment.
I think this font is awesome – it looks handwritten but really neat.
If I hand wrote anything, nobody would be able to read it – my writing is shocking!!

Almost as bad as my grammar lol!!

It wouldn’t be one of me cards without a little bit of prettiness from The Ribbon Girl would it.

The double bow was made from Siam Pink Seam Binding and the sweet Pearls look lovely in the centre of the flowers.
Oh. byw, the dies I used to make the flowers are Spellbinders Bloom Three – I keep forgetting to mention that, doh!!

 

I think you are liking these little fairies as much as the DT are and I wonder which one is going to be the fave.
Not long now till they go on sale so hopefully by then you will have loads of ideas and lots of inspiration.

They are going on sale on 10th May which is our 10th birthday. I simply cannot wait – I am so excited I cannot tell you. I will get to meet our Dena at long last and also our Mary too. And it will be lovely to catch up with the rest of the girls as well as customers and friends old and new : )

So there I am all done for today. 

I’ll be back with another sneakie peekie soon as soon so until then, enjoy your day and huggiest of hugs to all xx

10 comments:

Marjorie said...

Another stunning card Dawny, these new stamps are really beautiful!! What a lucky lady to receive such a lovely card:)..
Hugs,
Marjorie x

Jane Savage said...

What a stunning card, Dawny, no wonder your friend was pleased! Love that gorgeous little fairy and your fab colouring and colour combo. Those flowers look amazing too! xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Super card and love the colours and embellishments. Can't wait for these new stamps.
Lorraine

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely delightful. Just adore those little flowers and your awesome colouring of the super cute image.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Debbie said...

Just gorgeous Dawny. Super image again by LOTV. Rich was telling me at GNPE that he has moved into designing now and is loving it, no wonder when you are designing gorgeous images like this. He is a love and is always happy to chat to me and Angie when we see him. Debbiex

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Wow, this is so beautiful. I love the image, the gorgeous colour scheme and your lovely embellishments!
Rebecca.

susiestacey said...

Your on a role Dawny - 3 days/3 cards and WOW l love this one too - the new stamps are just far too cute and some will be jumping in my basket next week. Stunning card and so pleased that someone will be receiving this card too. Take c are x Susan x

Patty said...

I'm not surprised your friend loved it..beautiful card, beautiful colors!!

Renae said...

Wonderful card. I love the image, the colors used and the layout.

Debra K. said...

Lovely card Dawny! These stamps are so cute. I'm not surprised the recipient loved your card. I use so must Glamour Dust that my hubby often goes out to work with it on his face but I don't let on ;).
I'm hoping to come to Lotv for its birthday if I've recovered enough from my op, I've love to see you in person. Debra x