Tuesday 1 April 2014

Hanging About :)

 

Morning sweet peeps and hope you are all OK today.

It's that time of the week when we nip over and check out what's happening with the Papertake gang and as it's the first one of a new month, we have our

Anything Goes

challenge with an option this month to make a gift or treat holder for Easter.

I didn't do the option though, instead I made little hanger .....

 

  Picture-0011w  

.. this one here.
IRL it looks much nicer but I am awful at taking pics of things that are hanging up :(

The papers I used are from Lili of The Valley and they are the beautimous Heartfelt.

 

Picture-006w

Do you like this flower peeps?

I can't say too much about it at the mo but if you fancy making some just like this then watch this space!!!
They couldn't be easier - an absolute doddle really -  but they really look the biz  don't ya think:)

And if you are coming to the afternoon  workshop at  LOTV HQ on Saturday, then you may very well get to see one up close and personal.

And talking about the workshop, the morning one is now fully booked (thank you xxx)  but I do believe that there may be a last few spaces left in the afternoon, so if you fancy a craft sesh with yours truly, then give the shop a ring.
We would love to see you.

 

Picture-004w

The main sentiment is from Set 43 - Statements - Fabulous and I added a  little 'happy' stamp at the side.

 

Picture-007w

Here's another view of the flower and leaves combi.
These have been made from the papers in the pad.

 

Picture-008w

That pink paper looks just like crackly paint - it's fab.

The ribbon was from a gift set I got - possibly Molten Brown cos I love that stuff.
I chopped it off cos I knew it would come in handy one day and how right I was  :))

Picture-001w

I like doing these hangers - they make a nice change from a flat card, or as flat as I ever do them which is never, now I come to think about it lol. But they look a bit more special (what appalling grammar there, soz!!) I think, but between you and I they don't actually take very long to put together.

Right I'm off to get some work done.

But before I go I have to say a huge thank you to everybody who came to see us at Port Sunny last weekend. What nice peeps you are and I had a lovely day there.

I soooo  'heart' Port Sunny.

Enjoy your day and enjoy the sunshine if you are luck enough to have any and I'll see you soon as soon.

Hugs to all xxx.

14 comments:

Annette said...

It's wonderful Dawny. Love the flower too.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lorraine A said...

not sure whats happening but I am not seeing any pictures on your blog ,,, just empty boxes !! ooh err !! :-( I can't see your card piccy on the challenge blog either,,, wonder whats going on ??!!

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Such a gorgeous hanger, I love it and your flower is stunning! These crackled paint papers are so gorgeous, some of my favourites from the LOTV pads.
Rebecca.

Wendy L said...

This is lovely Dawn, xxxx

Sue said...

This is stunning Dawny. I really love the design with those gorgeous papers and wonderful flower too.
hugs Sue xx

Loopylou. said...

oh my dawny thats just stunning hunny and that flower is just beautiful.
I will be spending some time with Fleury in peterborough on saturday but will hopefully see you in may
huge hugs Lou xxx

Claire said...

I love this - what a great idea for a Birthday gift - love that big flower. Hugs, Claire x

Sharon Caudle said...

Dawny, this is FANTABULOUS! I love the colors and that yummy paper! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!
hugs, Sharon

Clare Jones said...

Hi Dawny
Stunning card again, the colours & your style are just fab.
Thanks for saying hi to Ffion Saturday at 'Port sunny' it made her day you remembered her name.
See you soon
Hugs
Clare xx

Linda . J said...

This is stunning Dawny, fabulous colours and details! perfectly gorgeous.
Hugs Linda

Kath Stewart said...

you are definitely the queen of these gorgeous wall hangers...I would definitely love a little craft sesh with you sweetie...shame it's a tad far away...sending hugs...talk soon xxx

Sammy said...

Thanks for the fabulous workshop today Dawny! I really enjoyed it, and am just putting the finishing touches to it now.

I do have one slightly random question though... do you know what font you used for the months? It's gorgeous and I can see me wanting to use it again some time!

And this hanger is gorgeous! would make a great companion piece to the planner. x

Claire said...

Hi Dawny - I love these hangers and would have made one at the Christmas event if I had got there LOL! Can you tell me what size dowels you use please as I am looking to order some - thanks. Hugs, Claire x