Sunday 13 July 2014

Thank You

Good morning sweet peeps and a very happy Sunday to you - I hope that you are all having a fab weekend : )

It’s time for another ‘Lovely Lili’ challenge over at The Ribbon Girl blog and our challenge is a lovely one indeed because it's all about saying

Thank You

It’s always nice to say thank you I think – if only some people in our village would remember this when you let them through even if it is your right of way - (ooh it is one of my pet hates!!).


We have 2 fab prizes for you -

A LOTV stamp of your choice

and a £10 voucher towards a spending spree at The Ribbon Girl



I think you may be surprised at my card today because it was one I did when I fiddling with the shabby chic /vintage thing a few weeks ago  and here …

... it is.
And not an image in sight!!! .

One of the designers whose cards I just adore is Klaudia and my card here was inspired by a card that she did.
So I must say thank you to her first  for the inspiration I have gotten from looking at her beautiful work xxx

The papers I used are the gorgeous Lili of The Valley Antebellum and I inked and distressed them to within an inch of their lives.
They can take it lol!!

The sentiment is from the LOTV Set 58 - Pretty Grungy - Good Times set.
I stamped it straight onto the paper and then punched it out.
It looks like it is at a very dodgy angle in this pic but it isn't IRL – it’s just how it looked from the angle I took the pic!!


I used a mixture of home made paper flowers which I made using Tim Holtz Tattered Florals and others which I got from Mary at The Ribbon Girl.

The flowers from Mary are -

 Tiny Pink Rosebuds, White Starburst Stamen, Pink / Pale Pink Beaded Berries, White Beaded Twirl, 10mm Pink Open Rose, White Floribunda Rose, Floribunda Roses Raspberry Ripple, Darjeeling White Blossom Flower, White Kort & Godt Chrysanth, Rolled Paper Flowers - Ivory Roses Kort & Godt.

I also used  White Seam Binding which I dyed using a Cosmic Shimmer spray.
I spritzed it with the spray then scrunched it up and left it to dry and it dried all lovely and crinkly.

I also used 12mm White Cotton Lace and White Tulle.

The leaves are Tim Holtz Bigz Garden Greens and I die cut them from white card then used some Distress inks and Cosmic Shimmer spray on them so that they looked a bit variegated.

I was quite pleased with how this turned out and it’s given me the confidence to try another card like this s0 watch this space!!
I think I can see an improvement from my last attempt which I’m happy about.

Right I'm off to do some more colouring  - I can’t say what of just yet but it is seasonal, ho ho ho (hee hee heeee).
Then I have to finish, nay start, the grey wicker heart wall hanging thingie which I bought months ago for our bedroom wall.
It needs a bit of tarting up with some floral what nots and ribbon or lace then it can be hung up.

Dicky Mint is at work today and I did my housework (yawwwwwn) yesterday so that  I can have a whole day to craft. Well, that's the plan but Sod’s law that it won’t pan out like that – it never does : 0)

Have a great day whatever you are doing and huggiest of hugs to all xxx

5 comments:

Marjorie said...

Wow Dawny!! I really think you have cracked this shabby chic multi media thingy, (sorry can't think of the word I'm looking for durr!)
Your card is amazing, I just love it, just quickly popped on my computer, (David's just gone to cut Debs grass), so I can have a quick whizz around blog land. Enjoy the rest of the day hunnie:)
Hugs,
Marjorie xx

craftyknitter1 said...

Hi Dawny, I'm new to your blog but loving it and have spent the last couple of weeks working my way through. Lovely work you do and I love your card today it is just up my alley. See you on C&C and decided to look you up. Of course I also visit the LOTV site as well. Right back to looking through more of your lovely work.

Sue said...

Totally stunning Dawny. I love your design with those gorgeous papers and amazing flowers.
I hope you have had a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW Dawny what a stunning beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

Another stunning shabby chic creation! Such a beautiful way to incorporate all of those beautiful flowers and embellishments!
Rebecca.