Wednesday 11 March 2015

Oliver : )

 

Morning all and hope you are OK today : )
As promised yesterday, I’m back with my boy owl who I’ve called Oliver – very unimaginative I know!!

Anyway before we get to him, I’ve also got a really quick and simple card which lots of people seemed to like so I thought I'd share that as well.
I think this is one of those cards you could make up and keep handy in your stash as it suits most occasions.
You could even get away with ‘sympathy’ for this one - they;re always toughies for me.
I left a space at the top where you could always add your a sentiment if you wanted one, but it looks equally fine without.

And ….

… it’s this one.

You aren't seeing things – it is that rare sight on here which is a rectangular card (generally they are square).

I’ve used the Tonic Frond Finesse die from Crafty Devils and just made some little rolled roses from circle dies and a triple bow (get me!!) using 25mm Black/Cream Rustic Gingham Berisford No 10. ribbon from The Ribbon Girl

Here’s a couple more pics ….

 

 

Look how delicate it is, and yet it comes out of the die so easily (I am seriously loving these dies!!).

Image result for tonic frond finesse die

 

This is the die and I just cut 2 of the large and one of the medium in black.
I stuck one of the large ones down then chopped the bottom off of the other large one and stuck that one on top (I put glue on the bottom part only) but slightly to one side.
Then I chopped a bit off of the medium one and stuck that down as well.
Easy peasy but it looks rather nice I think.

 

OK now for Ollie boy, and ...

… here he is.
He is made in exactly the same way as Olive from yesterday but for his hat I just used a circle and stuck a strip of card across it.

 

So that’s it for today.
I’ll be back soon as soon with some more makes but till then, enjoy your day and huggiest of hugs to all xx

1 comment:

Marjorie said...

Love the black and red card Dawny!! it's just stunning!!
and Oliver is sooooo cute!!... I'm not one for making Owl cards but these I must say are really cute!
Hugs,
Marjorie xx